Friday, July 16, 2010

Some Art In The Life :)

Hello There!

Okay, so I haven't posted anything in a bit & it's because I've been working :) I work at Bare Escentuals & it's a blast! Pivotal moment in Makeup Artistry Career: I actually put makeup on someone I don't know! Yes, this may seem minuscule to an average person. Like - alright...DON'T CARE! But this is really important to me because this is ultimately what I want to do with my life, make people look and feel absolutely gorgeous inside and out! So, here's how it went. There was a mother and daughter coming in. The daughter wanted some foundation to take to school with her this fall. The daughter got her makeup done by my mentor and the Mother liked how it looked so much that she asked if she could have some done on her! Of course we were like 'absolutely!'
I was setting up for my mentor while she was taking care of another customer and little did I know I was the one who was going to color match and put the foundation on her. Oh my goodness was I freaking OUT! This was what I wanted to do with my life - yes and I wanted to get good at it. But, mind you - I had just learned to color match people one hour prior and wasn't 100% confident about doing it on someone else. Despite the fact that I was incredibly new to everything I sucked it up and my mentor guided me through everything and I did it! In fact I did it so well that the very nice lady bought a starter kit, concealer in summer bisque and a eye, lip and cheek kit. I was soooo proud of myself, but the nervousness hadn't worn off yet - so I was still shaking. My mentor told me I did a good job, but I always have little things I like to tweak about the way I do things. All I know is I have a lot more studying and practice to do & I can't wait to get my hands on more people in more shades. I go back Sunday so we'll see what comes my way then :)
Right before my shift was over my mentor told me something that I don't think I'll ever forget - 'All you have to do is tell yourself I am a makeup artist'. I will take that with me through the rest of my career & I deeply appreciate her kind words. I feel like she's my Makeup Mom or something. Haha. Love her & the rest of my new B.E. family.

Have a great night everyone!

Keep following your dreams. :)

- ms. colie marie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment