Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bare Minerals: How To Find Your True Match

Hi guys! So, to start off my makeup kit I obviously need some foundation. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to start with and Bare Minerals was the best choice for me and my skin type. I have combination oily skin, so their formula in 'Matte' was the perfect match. For those of you who don't know much about Bare Minerals, it's a mineral based foundation that 100% natural. That's right - no preservatives, by-products or additives. They have a Matte formula for oily prone skin and an Original formula for normal to dry skin.

So how do you find your true match when there are 20 shades to choose from? Well first you have to choose your general shade.  Here they are:


















 I have medium to tan skin. Now that you've found your shade range, it's time to find out your undertone. There are three categories of undertones. Cool, warm, and neutral. Cool undertones see their veins as blue and have a rosy complexion.  Warm undertones see their veins as green and have a yellow-olive undertone. Neutral undertones have a combination of both.

















I have a warm undertone, so my shade in bare minerals would be Golden Tan. When I went to the Bare Escentuals Boutique I picked up a sample of Medium Tan and Medium Dark and used them together to find my perfect match. I didn't try Golden Tan because I thought I knew my shade already. Boy was I wrong. I will definitely go back and get a full size of Golden tan instead of a Medium Tan and Medium Dark foundation.
Sample Size Packaging

Bare Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush
Medium Tan Sample Size

Medium Tan Sample Size


Medium Dark Sample Size Foundation

Medium Dark Sample Size

Medium Tan & Medium Dark Sample Sizes

Medium Dark Foundation

Medium Tan Foundation
I hope this helped & feel free to check out the video version of this blog post:)

I'd love to hear how you found you shade and what other Bare Minerals products you like. Keep following you dreams!

-ms.colie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment