Friday, July 23, 2010

Some Art In The Life [Episode 2]

This completes another great day in the makeup world. This time I had a bride-to-be looking for a foundation to stick with, liquid or mineral. I told her liquid would give her great coverage - but break her out in the future (she was working on getting her skin back to normal) and mineral will cover your blemishes and make sure you don't break out anymore. I color matched her, then she wanted to try some eye shadows. Now, she wasn't used to a lot of color, but I chose a pretty neutral base and crease, then went with a bright teal. She liked it, but couldn't see it as an everyday look. I loved that she created a challenge for me and told me what she liked and didn't like. So I toned down the teal by brushing the neutral eye shadows over it & she was sold on the look. I had such a great time! I can't wait until my collection grows enough so I can do freelance! I'm getting so comfortable doing makeup on other people. I don't get nervous anymore and it just feels like we're girlfriends in my room hanging out. There's music playing, lots of colors to choose from and play with and a really relaxing atmosphere. It's almost like I was born to be an artist. Now that I've found my nitch & I'm passionate about it - everything else falls into place. I'm just thankful that I have the opportunity to express myself and do what I love everyday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment